I love serving a specialty sneeky, even when a neighbor is just stopping by. It makes it seem like you went the extra mile! This arugula cocktail is green, so it looks healthy, but it's soooo delicious.
- 4 ounces gin, vodka or tequila
- 1 ounces fresh lemon juice
- 2 ounces fresh cucumber juice
- 1 ounces herb simple syrup, plus more to taste (recipe below)
- ¼ cup fresh arugula leaves
Fill a shaker halfway with ice. Add all ingredients and shake-shake-shake, then strain into two glasses over ice. Garnish with slices of cucumber and rosemary sprigs.
Herb Simple Syrup
- ½ cup each of fresh rosemary, mint and basil leaves
- ¾ cup agave syrup
- ¾ cup boiling water
Combine all ingredients in a bowl, stir, cover and let stand for an hour. Strain syrup into a glass container and store in the refrigerator. It's also great drizzled on top of fruit, or for sweetening iced tea or lemonade.
This story originally appeared in the May 2017 issue of CQ.