Investing in a new mattress can feel pretty overwhelming. After all, you spend a lot of time on it over the years. Luckily, the internet allows you to connect with others who have tried the most popular mattresses and are more than willing to share all their thoughts. Like me! I recently tested the and am ready to give a full report. Below is everything you need to know before buying this model for yourself.
By now you're probably familiar with the Tempur-Pedic brand, but this mattress is new, launching in October 2018. The LuxeAdapt features Tempur-Pedic's new SmartClimateDual Cover System―a removable, machine-washable cover that's cool to the touch and promises not to lose its cool over time. Basically, this bed will give you that other-side-of-the-pillow feeling every single time you get into it. Plus, it's made with new APR+ (Advanced Pressure Relief Plus) material, taking the iconic feeling of previous Tempur-Pedic models to the next level. If you like the sound of a mattress that envelops your body in all the right places, this one is for you.
Besides a new look and feel, this mattress could help relieve back pain. "We hear from many consumers who indicate their daily aches and pains were lessened after sleeping on a Tempur-Pedic mattress, due to the maximum pressure relieving power," explains Brent Pfister, VP of Marketing at Tempur-Pedic.
How much does it cost?
The LuxeAdapt mattress is available in two styles, Soft and Firm. Both styles come in Twin Long, Queen, King, Split King, CA King, and Split CA King sizes. Prices start at $3,499 and go up to split $6,988. I tried the Queen Soft mattress, which rings in at $3,999.
What was the delivery process like?
After ordering my LuxeAdapt, I was given an expected delivery date. There were a few hiccups and the delivery date had to be pushed back because of the holidays, but otherwise everything was smooth sailing. The team delivering the mattress called 30 minutes before arriving so I had time to prepare. They brought the mattress in for me, set it up, cleaned up all the packaging, and even took away my old mattress. It was completely seamless and simple.
What does it feel like?
The LuxeAdapt feels so good it's almost hard to describe. Lying on this bed feels like a full-body hug. It's firm, so you don't feel like you're lying in a puddle of quick sand, but it molds to your shape in all the right areas. The first thing I noticed after lying down was the way my butt and hips sunk into the mattress, leaving my legs and upper body slightly elevated. It was the sleeping position I never knew I needed.
Getting under the covers on this mattress felt a lot like slipping under the sheet of a warm massage table, except I didn't have to get up after 60 minutes.
Pros vs. Cons
- It's great for hot sleepers. I know I already covered this, but it's definitely worth bringing up again. Cooling sleep products have become incredibly popular over the years for a good reason: Overheating during sleep is a huge pain point for most people. The LuxeAdapt's cooling cover helps regulate your body temperature throughout the night so you won't wake up in a puddle of sweat.
- You can wash the cover. If you do still sweat a little in your sleep, you can easily clean the cover. All you have to do is unzip it and throw it in the washing machine.
- You won't disturb your partner. Thanks to motion-canceling technology, getting up in the middle of the night to grab a glass of water or go to the bathroom won't wake your partner up.
- You'll need to be around for the delivery. As I mentioned earlier, the delivery process was seamless and I didn't lift a finger. However, if you have a busy schedule, carving out time to accept the delivery might be tricky.
- It's pretty tall. The mattress itself is about 13" high, which is fairly high on its own, but once you add the foundation (Tempur-Pedic doesn't recommend using a regular box spring) that will increase the total height even more. For example, I placed the 9" standard flat foundation under my Soft Queen LuxeAdapt and the headboard I had almost disappeared. While this isn't the end of the world, it's worth keeping in mind that elderly folks, children, and pets may have trouble climbing up on to the bed. On the plus side, Tempur-Pedic does offer shorter foundations—2" or 5"—which could help bring the height down a bit.
Is it worth it?
This mattress is 100 percent worth it. Sure, there are plenty of less expensive options on the market, but you get what you pay for, and when you buy the Tempur-Pedic LuxeAdapt you pay for a bed you feel excited about every night. That little feeling of pleasant surprise when you get ready for bed at the end of the day and remember, "Oh yeah, I have an amazing new mattress!" never goes away.
Beyond that, the LuxeAdapt comes with a , so if something goes wrong Tempur-Pedic will replace or repair your mattress for free. About $4,000 for a decade of peaceful sleep seems completely justifiable to me.
Where can I buy it?
You can order your own LuxeAdapt online through Tempur-Pedic, or in select stores across the country. You can find the nearest retailer .
Follow CQ on .